fot

3 phase lifts

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: 3 phase lifts
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 15:52:10 -0500
Bob

I did just what you are talking about. Two poster sourced locally for
$800.

I bought a 3 phase converter, not the expensive rotary type. The company
I bought it from was most concerned with the startup load. My lift is a
screw type and the folks from the company were quite confident it would
be fine. It is.

They did have concerns about their unit being able to startup a big
hydraulic pump.

I would be happy to share more details in a few weeks when I am back on
my feet.

I can't thank you guys enough for all the kind emails. New titanium hip
installed yesterday. The doctor would not take John Wiley's advice and
drill some lightening holes!

Bob Kramer wrote:

> On another subject, does anyone have any experience with using 3 phase auto
> lifts with a phase converter? Apparantly, used 3 phase lifts can be had
> cheap, but houses don't come with 3 phase power.

Sent from my PDA. Sorry about brevity and typos!!!