fot

Viruses...back to Short Bubble Performance

To: bradlnss@lightspeed.net, mjb@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Viruses...back to Short Bubble Performance
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:27:42 EST
I am not sure you want to know this, but I figure that if we would have had
that short bubble hood properly instrumented, when it left the mobile launch
platform, we would have likely seen it climb at a rate of about 1,000 fpm @
65 mph.

It lost air speed and quit climbing just over the top of a 18 Wheeler Cab.
Stall characteristics were not good as it tumbled into flat spin. However
recovery was good as it straightened out and made a full stall landing into
the grass medium strip. The only flaw to this was it was in the inverted
position.

The trucker was pleased as well. We know this because he gave us a big thumbs
up as he was passing us & checking his underwear. (I think that was his thumb)