fot

Re: Accusump Plumbing

To: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>
Subject: Re: Accusump Plumbing
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:11:21 -0500
Mine is done almost as you describe in #2. Works just fine that way too!

<grin>

I use a remote oil filter takeoff out of the block, and have the one way
valve in the oil filter/cooler lines. Then, when the block is being prepped
at the machine shop, I have the rear oil gallery hole tapped to take a
1/2NPT fitting. I install a 1/2NPT to AN12 adapter, and run AN 12 to the
Accusump. AN12 is total overkill, but that is the size hose I had. On the
TR4, slight body modification is required for the 90 degree AN12 hose
fitting to clear the firewall. A few gentle taps with a hammer is all you need.

If I loose oil pressure, the Accusump load will go directly to the main oil
gallery where the oil is needed most. I put the one way valve right on the
remote filter takeoff so if I have a problem with any of my external oil
lines, the filter or the cooler, the Accusump will not toss it's load into
the broken lines.

The way I see it, if you are going to have a catastrophic oil loss failure,
it will most probably be in the external oil filter, oil cooler or the
lines. Remember you have to engineer the system to so the Accusump will
dump it's load into the engine, and not allow any of that load to go into
leaking external lines.