fot

Vendors and parts for sale, was: blatant etc

To: "Mordy Dunst/Gasket Works USA, LLC" <gasket.works@gte.net>,
Subject: Vendors and parts for sale, was: blatant etc
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:51:53 -0500
As the volunteer webmeister of www.fot-racing.com, I can say what I have
said all along, I am happy to work on the website as my time permits. In
the past that has not been nearly as much time as I would like, and the
amount of work has far exceeded my ability to catch up.

Until now, that is... for the next few weeks I should say. One of the few
things I have been looking forward to with the R&R from this hip
replacement is having time to work on the fot-racing website.

I can make password protected pages, or I can make pages without any links
to the public site like this.

http://www.fot-racing.com/sale/teamfat.htm

Or, do we want to do a password protected area? I could easily set up one
account with one password for everyone. But, we are accomplishing the same
thing by not putting a link on the main site to the for sale section.

I think the easiest thing for me is to set up a page for each vendor who
wants it, and as long as the page does not need changing constantly that
should be no problem. Even better if the vendor can send me the pages
already html formatted, then I can update with ease.

I will be honest with you all, putting text up on the site and something
like this vendor project is quick and easy. It is the picture thing that
takes time. Every picture I get needs to be formatted to fit the
fot-racing.com design, formatted as a JPG image around 640 X 480 @75
PPI,  then create a separate thumbnail photo. I have to upload both images
to the fot-racing.com server, edit the main picture page to add the
thumbnail, then a new page is created with the big photo and any caption. I
am not complaining, just explaining... Posting photos is not a quick and
easy operation. For those of you in the know, I am doing this in Frontpage.
Arghhhh. Not my first choice by a long shot, but I inherited the design and
the Frontpage thing from the guy who Mordy had set up the site.

So, Mordy and I have given this our blessing, all you folks need to do is
email me what you are selling. I'll get the For Sale section up pretty quick.