fot

RE: Toluene

To: "'Susan and Jack Brooks '" <tr3a@att.net>, "'for '"
Subject: RE: Toluene
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 07:21:11 -0800
 As long as you don't have a catalytic converter, you can get a
substantial boost in octane by adding a little leaded race gas. According
to an article I read long ago there's a synergistic effect when adding a
little bit of leaded gas to unleaded. It's a pain in the neck, but
carrying a gallon of race gas to add when you fill up might be rational
for a car you don't drive cross-sountry.

I've experienced the effect with Motorcycles. A nice pre-ignition death
rattle cured temporarily with a quart or so of 110 leaded racing gas.