fot

TALISMAN Rear End

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: TALISMAN Rear End
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:53:01 EST
Amici:

This winter Bob Wismer and I are reassembling our TORNADO TALISMAN.  The rear
end is a Standard/Triumph part.  We suspect Herald or Spitfire.  We are
familiar with neither.  The front of the rear end, or pinion housing, has
'LEYS' over 'GD4' cast into the side driver's left, and '04984' cast into the
side driver's right.  Hand stamped on the bottom is 'SGA 295'.

The gear sump cover on the rear has 'STANPART P8' cast into the housing, and
'304983' stamped into the housing.

This appears to be a 4.1 rear end.  We sure would appreciate some help
identifying this rear end, and also finding a limited slip differential that
will work here.

Bill Dentinger