fot

Wax your board and grab your shades

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Wax your board and grab your shades
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:23:52 -0700 (MST)
Once again the solstice has come and gone, the days are getting longer
here in the northern half of the planet, winter will pass and summer will
come to scorch our lawns and fade the paint on our cars.  So it must be
time for the annual Fat Chance Garage Beach Party!

Saturday, February 15th is the day slated for this year's festivities,
the day after Valentine's Day.  Hopefully no one will get sick from
a cruise on the Loveboat and miss this party!

Head on down to 739 Park Street in Salt Lake City [540 East, 739 South] around
7 pm for the Beach Party.  Bring along a potluck dish if you're so inclined,
perhaps a wee dram of your choice.  There should be a taste of some hand
crafted barley beverages, perhaps some sodas for the youngsters, and fun for
all.  We may be blessed with some live music, though of course there will
be a varied collection of appropriate recorded tunes cranking away as well.

For some sort of idea of what to expect, those with web access can check
out some photos from previous years at

  http://fatchancegarage.com/beach_party

Luckily the photos of me in the grass skirt and coconut bra have all
been destroyed, I believe.  That dates back to the very first Beach Party
in February of 1993 - ten years ago!