fot

IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:25:52 EST
Amici:

We are reassembling our TORNADO TALISMAN.  The body is all done, and the
chassis should be a roller by the end of the day.  During the process, we
busted a flange for one of the half shafts, which was all rusted up.  We
figured it was a Herald/Spitfire part, which we would have no problem
replacing.  But on a lark, because Wisconsin is an Agricultural/Dairy State,
we took it to a local Implement Dealer to see if they could replace it.  They
looked it up in their books, and said, "Oh sure!  That's off a M/F Silo
Blower.  We've got one of those."  We've got a brand new one.

Reminds me of when we raced at Shannonville (Canada) and blew a head gasket.
We went to a local implement dealer for a replacement...and GOT one.  Not
only that...it was a competition gasket.

Bill Dentinger

PS

I left out part of the second story.  That Implement Dealer owned two
MORGANs.