fot

Re: Races at TWS

To: Bob Kramer <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Races at TWS
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:39:07 -0600
Bob,
Sorry to hear about this.  Did CVAR do anything?  That type of behavior in the
other groups  is one reason I really like group 4.

It's probably no consolation for you, but my weekend was fun.  Ok, so most of
the
fast guys weren't there.  All the work on the suspension has transformed my car
completely.  The fastest car in my class was Mike Orlie's Porsche 356.  With the
engine rebuild last fall, I found I could outrun him on the straight, but it was
hopeless in the turns.  Now with the suspension work, I think my car handles
better than his in the turns too.  I haven't done anything magical, just
shortened
the upper A arms and the other mods that all of you have figured out.  Winning
is
great, but when you beat a Porshe it's even better.  I can't wait to see how the
car does at Hallet in three weeks.  However, I first have to dig through 8
inches
of snow to get the racecar back in the garage.  Sunshine and 75 degrees in
College
Station yesterday, 8 inches of snow and 10 degrees in Tulsa this morning.

Larry Young