fot

Auto Darkening Mask - MIG Welding

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>,
Subject: Auto Darkening Mask - MIG Welding
From: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:59:03 -0500
I paid about $100.00 for mine at Harbor Freight about a year ago.  Check
below - it's still the same price.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45978

In my case, just before I flip the welding mask down to start welding, I
push my glasses way down to the tip of my nose.  I see better close up
looking over the tops without my bi-focals.  I also wear leather work
gloves.  With welding new sheetmetal to old, the old metal will spit a bit
and if the hot metal drips, you want to be careful.

I clamp everything as best as I can before welding, so I have both hands
free.  The welding pistol is in my right hand, but even with the self
darkening feature, I still hold a 10" long fluorescent work light in my left
hand.

Don Elliott, 1958 TR3A, Montreal, Canada