fot

Re: Tim Suddard checking in.

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tim Suddard checking in.
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:22:17 EST
In a message dated 03/25/2003 10:06:20 AM Central Standard Time,
GRMTim@aol.com writes:

> I've been slammed lately, but wanted to check in. From a personal
> standpoint,
> JK and I have gotten the GRM TR-3 just about ready. We plan on testing in
> May
> and running VIR June 7-8 with our new engine, trans, rear axles, and myriad
>
> of other improvements. We also plan on making Mosport. I am about to source
> new radiator. What is the current "list" thinking on radiators? Does
> anybody
> make a good, light, effective radiator that fits a TR-3? if not, who best
> custom make one?

Tim:

The aluminum version available from Cambridge in England is a respectable
copy of the original, looks proper (it's gorgeous), is VERY light, and works
GREAT.

The bad news is that it is pretty fragile.  Ours lasted about ten events, and
then the connection brackets busted, and the core got racked.  I suspect JK
could come up with beefy modications (prior to installation), that would make
those connections better.

Obviously you can have a custom radiator built to fit, but I hope you will
consider running something that at least looks like a TR3.

We have gone back to a standard radiator, which we have modified (given up
the crank hole).  I am also looking for someone who might repair our aluminum
radiator.

Good luck.

Bill Dentinger