fot

Re: brake pads and brake lines

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, "'Mark J Bradakis'"
Subject: Re: brake pads and brake lines
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:59:54 -0800
When we built up the Vitesse for the Trans-Am series we thought we were
being brilliant running all stainless braided hose even on the long runs to
the back.  Never could get  a decent brake pedal.  Finally after two
practice sessions of terrible brakes went back in and replaced all the long
runs with regular steel lines and the brakes became wonderful.  The
stainless can't cope  with the line pressure. So all we were doing was
puffing up the line but not doing much to move the brakes cylinders. .
After that, is was my practice to make the braided lines on the brake system
as short as possible. I believe all the regular hard brake lines are just
mild steel.  Works though.