fot

Re: Oils

To: N197TR4@cs.com, BRITPAC@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oils
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:23:29 EDT
In a message dated 05/14/2003 7:44:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

> Subj:Re: Oils
> Date:05/14/2003 7:44:12 PM Central Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:N197TR4@cs.com";>N197TR4@cs.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:BRITPAC@aol.com";>BRITPAC@aol.com</A>, <A
>HREF="mailto:fot@autox.team.net";>fot@autox.team.net</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> I just put in Mobil 1 15W-50 two days ago, for the first time.
>
> I'd like to tell you that I did extensive research, but I did it because I
> thought that was what Uncle Jack was using.  :-)

Amici:

Some years ago a long time good friend of mine, Dan Wilke, who runs a race
shop called The Yard (specializing in MUSTANGs and SHELBYs) fell into a one
on one bar discussion with Roger Penske one night, at a fancy restaurant near
Milwaukee when Team Penske was running the Milwaukee Mile.  Interesting
sidelight...Penske was all alone.  Imagine that.  Dan was with his
sweetheart, who gallantly shrunk into the shadows, while Dan and Roger talked
cars at the bar.  One of the points Roger Penske made was that the SAME
Mobil1 you buy off the shelf is EXACTLY what they ran in the team Penske CART
cars.  We run it in our cars, but not for break in.

Bill Dentinger