fot

Re: TR3 from Hell - hub failure

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 from Hell - hub failure
From: Catpusher@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:06:24 EDT
You have learned how the TR3A\B\4 rear hubs normally fail.
The cause is usually a big thump or two into another object(s)
or using the wrong method to remove the hub from the half shaft.
Age and rust do not help.

Visual inspection starting  in the grease bleed hole and going around the hub
where the inner surface of the brake drum sits will give a  several race
notice
of failure running full E Production BHP and racing slicks.  Use good light.

I polish the radius with cratex, and radius the hole.

I also lap the hub to the half shaft, and use selective hub nuts to obtain
the upper limit
on hub torque, which should be rechecked frequently.

 Hardy
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>