fot

brake drums

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: brake drums
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:42:43 -0500
My TR4 race car has Datsun 280Z rear brake drums.

This morning I removed and inspected them, and found that one of them had
three cracks across the iron friction face. Yuk. I have used these drums
for five years and they never even needed turning. I inspected them last
winter and did not see cracks at that time, but maybe they were there and I
didn't notice them.

At any rate, be forewarned that this kind of failure can occur. The thought
of it happening during a race is not pretty.

uncle jack