fot

Spitfire carb swap?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire carb swap?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:04:50 -0600 (MDT)
So lately I've been running the Luella, the red racing spit [Whose photo
now adorns http://www.team.net/mjb instead of Junior ] in a few local
autocrosses.  It is really a D Prepared car, but I'm running the 8" wheels
I had on Killer in his Street Prepared days.  And Luella also does road
race duty at IVR events.

Anyway, as per the DP rules, there are two 1.5" SU carbs on the motor at the
moment.  Last night I was thinking I might get a bit better top end out at
Wendover with a single Weber DCOE 45, or maybe a pair of 40s.  Any evidence
to show one carb setup is better than the other?

You know, I suppose I could take three different sets of carbs out to Wendover
along with an accellerometer, a small stack of manifold gaskets and come up
with some real numbers myself....

mjb.