fot

Open wheel rant...

To: "Friends Of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Open wheel rant...
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 19:44:56 -0700
Sorry, I know it's the wrong place but...I was absolutely amazed at the
debacle that was the CART Road America event. The organization could only
come up with something called HD Net for TV coverage and you had to go to a
designated sports bar to see the event. 4 sports bars were signed up for the
broadcast in California, the nearest was 160 miles from me.

I dutifully listened to the live internet audio broadcast after a 3 hour
rain delay (at a road course??). I felt like this was the 1930's. Radio was
my only option.

Today I was greeted by an Email from CART.com informing me I could watch the
HD Net broadcast on their website. What a joke...looked like a dial-up
resolution file. The image was so pixilated you couldn't ID the cars.

I was so mad at being cheated from getting my CART fix again that I wrote an
Email to them and...you guessed it, the mailbox is so full, its no longer
accepting Email...Hmmm, what could all those people be writing about??

Pretty soon, thanks to Mr. Pook and Mr. George, the only pro open wheel
racing left will be shifter carts...

I guess I should just finish my TR4 and then I will have something to do on
Sunday besides watching TV.

Well, thanks for listening, I needed to vent, I'm OK now...putting the flame
suit on...

Brad