fot

Re: photos of unmodified 1 1/4" su intake manifold needed

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <Cwn74@aol.com>
Subject: Re: photos of unmodified 1 1/4" su intake manifold needed
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:13:49 -0700
Clark,

Apparently Ric was called over to look at the manifold and he confirmed it was
modified, although Tom wouldn't have known as it was the first stock manifold
he'd ever seen.  I'm not sure to what extent the grinding in his manifold, but
if there was still cast surface visible it couldn't have been much.

This still leaves a gray area in the rules as to what happens if the factory
ground the flash off or not?  New castings don't have this problem, but 30
year castings seem to.  And the fact that some manifolds have grinding and
some don't opens a can of worms up for us.  Does it mean we now have to scour
the earth looking for manifold which weren't touched at the factory and all
which were ground to any degree are not allowed????

Aaron Johnson
#38 F-Prod Spit MkIV Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9