fot

Re: Fuel Regulator

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Regulator
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:41:11 -0600 (MDT)
On the red racing Spit I had dual 1.5 inch SUs, a small Facet electric
pump and no regulator.  It was something I kept meaning to add.  We'll
see what the winter project list looks like.  On Killer, which was supposed
to be an FSP Solo II car but will be getting pressed into IVR road race duty
once again October 11/12, I've also got a small Facet pump that goes through
a Holley low pressure regulator, set to deliver about 2.5 lbs when actually
flowing fuel to a pair of Weber 40 DCOE carbs.  With the pump switched on
but the motor not running, the gauge reads 3.25 - 3.5.  Well, in truth it
reads just under 5, but at rest the needle is sitting at 1.5; maybe
I'll buy myself a new gauge this winter.

mjb.