fot

Re: Tires - A032R - 205-60/15"

To: BillB@bnj.com, ryoung@navcomtech.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires - A032R - 205-60/15"
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:03:45 EST
FOTers

       I have been following this dialog with interest. Good stuff.

       One of the issues which may or may not be a factor here is the limited
"shelf" life of new racing tire compounds. I am wondering if those of you who
were reporting problems with various tires had check the tires for being
"fresh". Has anyone check their tires with performance problems for the date of
manufacturing? This not being a high demand tire, I am wondering if we are not
using old inventories. Any comments?

       For the same reason, I have been told that the performance of even a
fresh tire is dependent on how one takes car of ones tires, both before the
track and after the track. I am told that improper inflation with high heat
buildup can quickly deteriorate a racing tires performance capability. I seem
recall from previous dialog that tires pressures being used by the group were
"diverse". Any comments?

       As many of you are aware, the Porsche Clubs run both autocross and
racing events. The gals and guys running Yokos for autocross found those tires
did not last very well through a ten to fifteen lap race. They would typically
start becoming slippery at about lap 7 or 8. I have not participated in Porsche
Club events in recent years, so I am not sure this to be the case with the
current Yokos. It does support the concern expressed by someone that the Yokos
were really intended for the autocross market.

       Any opinions on a good rain tire?

Best to everyone, Cary