fot

VINTAGE MOTORSPORT 2003/6

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: VINTAGE MOTORSPORT 2003/6
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:01:50 EST
Amici:

My copy of the current issue (NOV/DEC 2003) of VINTAGE MOTORSPORT arrived
today.  As usual, the quality of the photographs is outstanding.

I've not looked at the whole issue carefully yet, but the SNOOKSTER's TR3
made the MID-OHIO article.

Great pictures of the Bob Kramer and Tony Drews TR4s and the Russ Moore and
Donny Sopp Spitfires at MOSPORT.  Of course Tony gets called 'Jack Drews'.
It's tough to always be in the shadow of your old man...especially when you're
faster.  Bob Kramer is pictured in front of Tony, which has got to make him
feel
good...as that's probably the lap he blew holes in both sides of his engine
block.

There may be other FOTers in this issue I have not seen yet.

Mr. Babcock will have to name the bike pictured in the 'Over There' article
(Page 12) about Goodwood.  Looks like a TRIUMPH to me, but I'm out of my
element with motor cycles (although we are replacing the clutch on my 1967
Tiger Cub
today).

The MOSPORT Pick of the Liter (sic) on page 86 is an interesting 1958 GSM
Delta.  Neat little car.  Went FAST too.  One of the perks for me in making the
haul to MOSPORT was seeing some very exotic 'stuff' at speed.

Bill Dentinger

PS

Today is October 30th.  Temperature here in Wisconsin may flirt with sixty.
My street TR4 still has its top down, and will get put away tomorrow until
next May 1st.  Rag top weather in Wisconsin is about four months long, but I
try
to make it into six months.  I get really rosy cheeks on the way to work some
mornings.