fot

Re: Another Tow Vehicle Question

To: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: Another Tow Vehicle Question
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:15:38 -0600
You have to watch the axle ratios, because the manufacturers like put in
rearends that are too high for towing (numerically too low).  This helps
to keep their fuel mileage numbers up.  I got a lower than stock rear in
my Expedition and it still turns only 2100 rpm at 70 mph.  I compare
this to my poor non-overdrive TR-250 which turns about 3400 at the same
speed.
Larry Young