fot

Fw: 15" diameter, '60 series tires for vintage racing.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Fw: 15" diameter, '60 series tires for vintage racing.
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:53:09 -0600
Friends of Triumph,
Troy is the guy I talked with at length this time last year about the same
subject. He is trying to come up with  hard numbers to justify Yokohama
selling the 195-60-15 or 205-60-15,  032R racing tire here in the USA. He
tells me there are lots of hurdles to overcome with the factory, but the
tires are being sold elsewhere. I told him to give us the 195-60-15 in a
sticky tire and we will buy them. I did tell him that some race orgs. won't
let TR's run radials, but there is a trend to allow 50 series tires for cars
that run 15" rims because there is no 60 series tires. My club does that and
the info for VIR says they do too.. He wants to know how many sets of
195-60-15 tires we would buy a year if they were available. For my part it's
1 to 2 sets, as the 008r's would not last about 8 to 10 racing days. I much
prefered that to my Dunlop 205-60-15 D84J's that are not yet wearing out
after a season and a half. Please take a moment and email him to help him
gauge market potential.
Bob Kramer