fot

Re: spitfire rear end ratio

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spitfire rear end ratio
From: matt matthews <mattspit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:45:53 -0500
Thanks for all the info

but

The rules allow me any rear end ratio. The limitation is they need to fit
inside the standard housing. As you all point out they did not make
something close to 3.4 just 3.24 and 2.63 as the closest. I can just turn
7000 Counterclockwise with the 3.2 depending on my skill on the corner
entering the main straight. I would like a little more torque but the 3.63
is not right either.
I was thinking of trying to find a ring and pinion form some other not
triumph car that had a ratio near 3.4 and modify it so it would fit inside
the spitfire housing and onto the spitfire carrier.

The year of my spitfire is questionable since most of it is not spitfire
anyway, a lot of GT-6, some ford, some chevy, some volkswagon some
aftermarket etc. It is a squaretail in body style. Whatever the rules allow.
I have about 10-15 rear ends in most of the ratios mentioned.