fot

Re: Been meaning to mention this safety-related item....

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Been meaning to mention this safety-related item....
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:09:20 -0700
Obviously that would be a concern but it sure looks worth checking out
since it is not a "permanent" installation and could then be removed for
those times that you need to remove the rear seats to transport larger
bulkier loads (or sell the vehicle).

Would need to check with the manufacturer to determine the rated load that
it can contain.

The bottom 1/2 to 2/3 of it would be braced by the rear seats so I think
that would also probably help with restraining any objects.

Plus with cargo netting (we used that in my wife's GMC Jimmy to keep
groceries from rolling around) that was attached to the built in
manufacturers anchor points. That should take care of almost any item and
still not require a permanent installation.  See an example of something
even more advanced than what we had:
http://www.aztrucks.com/Product.asp?Product=298