fot

Followup - Drivers Training

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Followup - Drivers Training
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:20:01 EST
       I had a major blowout of the drivers side rear tire of my Suburban
yesterday with my three children in the backseat while towing a racecar on
Interstate 15. It happen while I was in the center lane (one of three going on
San Diego) of five lanes of high speed traffic near the intersection with I 10.

       All I can say is Thank GOD that no one was hurt, anything damaged, and
for the racecar driving training. We had stopped only ten minutes earlier to
inspect the truck and trailer tires, trailer hookup, and car straps. There was
simply no signs of this type of problem about to develope.

       The tire is extensively shredded into pieces despite the fact that I
was able to rather quickly pull over to the side of the road. The inside of the
tire body is clearly separated from the outside. Within the last year, I went
to the Firestone dealer to assure myself that the tires on the truck where
not those recalled. After this experience, I going to replace them, it is just
not worth the risk.

       Have a Happy Thanksgiving to ALL, Cary