fot

spitfire tailshaft housing bearings

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: spitfire tailshaft housing bearings
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:46:14 -0800
For all of you who were interested or not so interest I found a bearing
which will allow the use of a late 3 rail tail shaft housing with the
early .75" shaft.

The bearing numbers are:
Early 3-rail with .750" shaft and 1.875" i.d. of tail shaft housing:
bearing number is RLS6
Late 3 rail with 1" shaft and 2" i.d. of tail shaft housing: RLS7

To use the late housing with the early shaft the bearing number is 1638.
It's also available as a 1638-2RS which has two seals, pop the inner
seal off and you have sealed the tail shaft housing quite nicely!

I have not been able to find a bearing which will allow use of the late
shaft with the early tail shaft housing.

Aaron Johnson
#38 F-Prod Spit MkIV Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9