fot

Babcock's problems

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Babcock's problems
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:34:20 -0600
At 02:24 PM 12/29/03 -0800, Bill Babcock wrote:
I think someone is trying to tell me something. The driver called to tell
us that they couldn't take us to our house--too icy up on Germantown road.
My sister-in-law had to climb up our hill to check on the house--the power
is out and apparently the battery on the emergency generator is dead so the
gate wouldn't open. She said there's about a foot of snow at the house. It's
80 degrees and sunny here in maui and we're leaving in about an hour.

I must be crazy. Well, we already knew that, but I must also be really
stupid.

Hey, Babcock, I love your posts, but if you think you got troubles, you
just don't know what troubles is.

Here I am building my TR4 for the Johannesburg F! exhibition race and
delivery of the titanium rods is late. The one-off aluminum splayed valve
head is still a little leaky at the turbocharger coolant inlet. My roller
tappets need a better lube system to stand up at 8000 rpm. The injection
system using Weber bodies is giving me so much power that throttle control
is rearing its ugly head and Ecklestone wants a licensing fee from F1 for
the launch control software.

The worst of it is that I'm not getting the time to work on it, what with
commitments to Prince Phil for the Queen Mum's post-jubilee party, the
lousy luncheons with Rummy and Cheney that are a pain because the Lear only
has Chivais and no single malt, and our schedule for swimming lessons to
rest  George Dubya's knees is difficult because Namath said he'd help since
he knows a lot about bad knees but his schedule is just murder. On top of
all that, my favorite valet left to write an expose' on my sexual escapades
and I've had to interview candidates regarding their skill at squeezing
(toothpaste, that is).

To top it all off, I got my VISA bill today but my Social Security check is
late!

Despite all that, - - it's New Year's wishes time. May your crank never
crack, your valves never float, your brakes never fade, and may that guy in
front of you always hold his line!! Happy Neew Year to all!

uncle jack