fot

Yo ho ho and a valley of scum!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Yo ho ho and a valley of scum!
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:38:40 -0700
Arrg, the soupy skies over the Salt Lake valley, the chilling frost, the
vague pretense of a sun in the soggy sky above our shiverin' bones all clearly
demonstrate winter's claim upon our once fair land.  But fear not, for such
conditions also bring tidings that once again the seasons have cycled around
to the time of the annual Fat Chance Garage Beach Party!

Yes, indeed, me hearties, coming up in a few weeks, though the time may drag
on in foggy despair, is a night of raucous festivities!  Feasting, frolic,
sweet music and as is often the case, there will be a theme of sorts to the
whole affair.  This year, the keyword is pirates.  So hasten to the dollar
shops for a cheezy plastic parrot, fashion an eye patch from the threadbare
britches of last year's tuxedo, and plan to attend.  Brush up on your manners
[ http://www.talklikeapirate.com ] research your well-respected family lineage
[ http://www.froggynet.com/cgi-bin/pirate.cgi ] and prepare to come aboard
for this year's festivities!

What:  10th [almost] Annual Fat Chance Garage Beach Party

When:  Saturday, February 28th, 8 pm

Where:  739 Park Street, Salt Lake City ( 540 east, 739 south for ye swabs
         who rustle the charts)

There may be some hand-crafted barley based beverages on hand, but you'll
likely want to pack your treasure chest with elixirs that tickle yer own
tongue if ye plan to "splice the mainbrace" with the crew, and perhaps a
bite of some tasty treats to share.  And no, there won't be a repeat of
last year when that scurvy dog Spleef Dred spent the whole bloody night
trying to get a turkey to cook on the smoker out on the quarterdeck.  Things
may be a bit more ship shape this time around!  [Yeah, right!]

See you there, all you seadogs, lubbers and shark bait scoundrels!

http://www.team.net/fcg/beach_party

Yer cap'n,
Commodore Silver Tongue