fot

Spitfire/GT6 U-Joints

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire/GT6 U-Joints
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:13:31 -0700
Does anyone have any thoughts on the quality of U-Joints that are being
sold for Spits and GT6's?

I ask because the last 2 events, I broke a U-Joint.  These breaks are
not your normal cup or bearing failure, but rather one of the ends
snapped off the spider.  It happened the same way on both of the
U-Joints.  These were purchased from the same place so I suspect there
is a problem with that manufacturer.

Before now I have not had any real problems with U-Joint failure.  So I
expect if I get some good quality ones I shouldn't have any repeats of
the last 2 events and can get back into action until I can install the
Corvette Dana 36 diff that I am getting.

Any specific manufactures that are recommended (or avoided)?

Regards,
Joe (C)