fot

Re: CLOGGING SAND BLAST CABINET

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CLOGGING SAND BLAST CABINET
From: Bd309@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:55:36 -0500
Don
I used to operate a large sand blasting machine. We found that sand will in
fact draw moisture over time. I agree with Mark. Replace the sand with new.
Also, the air supply must be dry. Make sure you have a good water seperator on
the air line. Here is the trick though. Do not mount the seperator on the air
compressor. Put a ten foot piece of air hose between the seperator and the
compressor. It can be coiled up. The reason behind this is that the air coming
out of the compressor is warm. As it travels down the hose it cools down. As it
cools, it condensates. If the seperator is too close to the compressor, the air
doesn't have time to cool and moisture builds after the seperator, hence, the
need for the 10 foot piece of hose.
I know it sounds strange, but, it works.
Hope this helps you.

ps: I sure could use the cabinet when you are done with it...HA HA!

Bob