fot

Excalibur spindles

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Excalibur spindles
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:19:47 -0600
I'm taking a break from installing my new front axles and the spacer and
shims. The first one only took 1-1/2 hours. Wonderful parts!

By the way, the easy way to get the old axle out is to take the two top
bolts out that hold the upper ball joint, take out the four bolts holding
the steering arm and bracket to the upright, and unscrew the upright from
the lower trunion. Then remove the nut, support the ears, and give the
inboard end of the axle a good whack with a BFH.

Gotta go. Budweiser is finished and I've got to do the other axle.

uncle jack