fot

Re: fot-digest V1 #1084

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fot-digest V1 #1084
From: tr6-20@juno.com
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:28:48 -0500
Torque Plates for a tr-6

I have been doing this for a while.  I use a "Torque Plate" for every
engine I build.  The plate is 1" thick and the holes for the cylinders
are over sized to 120".
Over the years I have found that early model blocks (non O-ringed)
distort about .0015" on # 3&4 cylinders.
The later blocks have a distortion on #3&4 of about .0008"
The distortion means that the hole is round without the head and is not
round when the pull of the head torque is applied.
If you look at motors that have been taken apart I think you will find
#3&4 are the ones with the most odd wear pattern.
The same thing apples to the wear on the camshaft.  Look at # 3&4 first.

                                                        J.K. Jackson

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!