fot

Hammer Down at Hallet

To: cartravel@pobox.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Hammer Down at Hallet
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 09:44:38 EDT
FoT,

Hallet was great! I hope to return in October to run, but it was fun just
being there.  Most has been said, but....

Not content to 'soldier on' as back marker, Larry Young has tweaked the
ex-Kramer, ex-Wilt yellow TR3A to the front of the pack. After taking the pole,
Larry found himself in second place to the fast and experienced Healy, but
Larry
never let the pressure off. 2nd overall, but 1st in class. There's more, but
you get the picture. This was fun spectating....even.

Susan, ran on rails Saturday (I left Sunday morning) and ran in the front
half of a very well subscribed pack of Sprites, Spitfires, and Minis. Pass and
repass with close quarter racing. Spectating was again more than the usual fun,
at user friendly Hallet.

This is the second annual running of this event and promises to be a great
future candidate for a 'spring fling' for those who need to thaw out their
northern based cars. Count me in.

Joe (A)

PS:  Thanks for the great ride, Larry!