fot

RE: Converting TR4A Brakes to Dual system TR6 style

To: Gerald M Van Vlack <jerryvv@alltel.net>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Converting TR4A Brakes to Dual system TR6 style
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:20:16 -0700
I like having a differential valve, but not the kind that comes in TR's I
use a 3# inline valve for the front brakes and 10# for the rear. That keeps
the pads and shoes close to the braking surface and gives a near-instant
response for the entire system. The only thing that's worked against that in
the past is that the flex in the front axle and bearing under hard cornering
knocked the pads back and made for exciting braking after any hard corner. I
expect great things this year with the axle conversion and Southwick hubs.
I'll let you know how it turns out after next weekend--the first outing this
year for Peyote.

It's almost ready. I have a leaky needle and seat in one carb--it's flooding
the engine and running raw gas onto the ground.  The funny part is that the
carb that's overfilling is the one with the good looking needle and seat.
The other carb had junk holding the spring ball on the top of the needle
from returning completely and some goop next to the needle. But it worked
fine.