fot

Re: spit rain tires

To: "matt matthews" <mattspit@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: spit rain tires
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:19:12 -0500
Hoosier Dirtstockers!

They cost about half what the slicks do, have a very aggressive tread, made
for competition (e.g. not just a street tire taken to the track, although
they do have a DOT on them).

The size I have mounted up on my GP Spit is the P205/60D13. They are taller
and narrower than the 20x8x13 slicks, but in the wet that is not all a bad
thing. Last time I had occasion to race them was in a qual session at
Hallett and I qualified 4th in an all-Prod all-GT field. But then it was dry
for the race and as expected I rapidly found my way past several cars
qualified behind me! :-)

And FWIW, that occasion, being the first time I'd ever shown up on rain
rubber generated comment from a few other drivers including a couple of
National heavy hitters who were about unanimous in approval of my choice. I
bought them on recommendation of two different Hoosier purveyors -- both
Solo II National Champions and one of whom, like, me, also road races:
Charlie Clark (KC Raceware) and Ron Ver Mulm (R&S Racing).

--Rocky Entriken