fot

Re: Pinewood Derby at the Gold Cup

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pinewood Derby at the Gold Cup
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 18:02:30 -0500
Oh, wow! If this means what I think it does, huge and genuine
congratulations are in order. Of course, we all know that the most
enjoyable part of the kid business is the initiation of the process. Then
eventually they have to be dealt with as teenagers for a few years but then
if you are lucky like me, they turn back into pretty nice people. Which
means, of course, I love you Tony, but that doesn't give you a free pass to
humiliate me at Road America two weeks from now.

See what you have to look forward to, Brad?

At 04:58 PM 5/4/2004, Brad Kahler wrote:
>Hmmm, I believe I might possiblyl be traveling to VIR with the
>"youngest" KID that will be there......:)
>
>We'll see if we can't field a car for the Pinewood Derby.
>
>Brad
>(crew chief for the KID!)
>
>On 4 May 2004, at 11:29, N197TR4@cs.com wrote:
>
> > We are going to rent a kid....
> >
> > I guess we need more information.
> >
> > However, I can see an All Triumph Pinewood Derby, if there is sufficient
> > interest. This way I can beat Jack & Tony & Wazoo, et. al.
> >

> > > I hate to bring this up, but there are actual RULES for the Pinewood
> > > Derby, including that the car is supposed to be mostly built and raced
> > > by a kid (a real kid, not like the rest of us who just refuse to grow
> > > up).  If VIR is treating it as a serious Boy Scout event they might have
> > > a problem with our entries, or they might want to set us up for a
> > > separate "anything goes" race after the cocktail party.

uncle jack