fot

Re: catch tank (commercial)

To: BillDentin@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: catch tank (commercial)
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 09:57:09 -0500
At 08:23 AM 5/7/2004, BillDentin@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 05/07/2004 7:49:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
>vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:
>

> > I know all my friends will now stop giggling and pointing at my old
> eyesore
> >
> > catch tank and will sinfully covet my shiny new one, so if you beg,
> > wheedle, cajole, and maybe grovel a little bit, I'll have it reproduced
> for
> > you. Going high class ain't cheap, though, at $125. Or, if you just
> want to
> > guffaw at this as another example uncle jack's engineering overkill,
> that's
> > okay too. Please be aware, though, that this item should not reside in
> > really ugly engine compartments, so we may form a Board of Review for
> > applications for ownership.
> >

>Jack:
>
>Seems to me that this is going to be an uphill battle for you.  Traditionally
>TRIUMPH racers have seven places for every nickel.  Priority will be an issue
>here.
>
>How much for your old one?

We'll pull the old one out of its aluminum-and-glass showcase in the Drews
Hall of Shameful Overengineering and sell this collector's item for $0.50
plus postage. It actually still includes a trace of putirfied oil and water
mixture from New Blue, a must for every serious collector. For an extra
$10, the previous owner will autograph it.