fot

RE: TR$A coil springs

To: "'TryumphTR3@aol.com'" <TryumphTR3@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR$A coil springs
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:02:59 -0700
Well, first of all, that sounds more like a ride height problem than a
spring rate problem, but there's no way to be sure. Certainly changing your
springs to stiffer ones will make the car ride higher, but it will also do a
lot of other things. If your car has a bump steer problem then increasing
the spring rate will decrease the amount the suspension moves (generally)
and that will feel better. But you'll also probably increase the understeer.
I'd try a spacer first.

I assume you're not running vintage with those tires. It would be worth the
time to sort out the front suspension. Step one--get Kas' book.