fot

Re: TR4 spark plugs

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 spark plugs
From: "Michael D. Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:03:57 -0600
Jack W. Drews wrote:

>> Ah, yes. Iridium spark plugs. The good and bad of it:

> Plus, I get to entertain my FOT friends with this drivel. This may be
> good or bad, depending on your point of view.

Always good. Feedback good. Secrecy bad. *smile*

If the ignition source is good, the spark is usually good,
regardless of the plug. Most modern plugs are pretty good.

I use platinum plugs in the day-to-day cars simply because they last
longer in that use. And, I hope, there's some small catalytic boost
in having a platinum-coated electrode (which translates in the real
world to next to nothing in terms of regularity of firing).

If the plug fires regularly, it's good. Period.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
distance.