fot

HELP WANTED

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: HELP WANTED
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:49:26 EDT
Amici:

While the gears appear to be fine, much damage was caused in my transmission
when the ring gear on the flywheel went south.  While freshened many times
since, this transmission was originally put together by Mike Belfer (may God
rest
his soul).  It supposedly used a factory close ratio gear set (from Ken
Gillanders at BFE), a GT6 input shaft (not sure which one), and a TILTON
competition clutch (which requires a 'collar or spacer' for proper positioning
of the
throwout bearing).

One of the pieces that was trashed was that input shaft.  We believe it to be
a GT6 input shaft, but we are not sure which one.  It has 26 teeth and has a
2 13/16" diameter.  Ted Schumacher says, "Are you sure you don't mean a TR7
input shaft?"  While he might be correct, this would be new to us.  Spares
House
Catalogues suggest there are two (-2-) distinct GT6 input shafts, only one of
which is available new.  If things go as usual...we will require the one that
is not available (I think we go to the wrong church).

Two questions....

       Any comments on what we might need and why?

       Anyone got one they would part with?

Bill Dentinger