fot

Re: Head and Neck restraints

To: gasket.works@verizon.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head and Neck restraints
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 23:13:40 -0500
Rewebbing is one thing...

What happens when the SFI determines that a Hans device needs to be replaced
every 5-10 years along with the helmet.

At some point we need to put a stop to the mandatory safety items.  Some
research on number of accidents with injuries that occured in which a head
and neck restraint would have reduced/eliminated the injury?  And really do
the speeds most of us run really warrant the device? In club racing cars
like mine will reach just over 120...cornering speeds vary...but unlike F1,
Cart, Nascar there is usually lots of runoff room at all tracks and tires
are  aplent along with gravel/sand etc.

I apologise if that seemed like random giberish...it's been a long day and
I've looked at too many houses...and said..."the garage is too small" too
many times today.

aaron

>From: "mordy dunst/ gasket works" <gasket.works@verizon.net>
>To: <fot@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Head and Neck restraints
>Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 19:50:50 -0700
>
>The prices for the Webbed/stap body devices are only the begining... as you
>also need to re-web them after a few (3?) years.  This is not the case with
>the Hans device.
>
>M. Dunst
>
> > Hutchens $345
> > Simpson $450
> > HANS $865

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!