fot

Re: Engine question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine question
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:38:49 -0500
My '87 Mustang GT came from the factory with roller hydraulic lifters.  My
understanding is that the cam grind is significantly different on roller
lifters, so there's some R & D that would need to be done on the cam side
for the TR motors - not many cars to use to repay the R&D costs...  Also,
it is my understanding that the roller lifters are usually larger in
diameter than the TR lifters - getting a usable roller in the end of a TR
lifter is not in the cards.  The TR motor does have the lifters siamesed so
that having a bar between them is not completely out of the question.  But,
I think the lifter bores would need to be machined out more than the block
allows.

Plus, of course, this would not be vintage legal...  (But still way kool!)

- Tony Drews