fot

Moldex

To: "Friend Of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moldex
From: "David Wingett" <elkhorn@core.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:17:05 -0400
        I live in north Oakland country, Michigan, they are in the south.
I've been to there shop a number of times and have seen them cut TR3 & 4
cranks.  A few years ago I saw the prints for a TR6 crank that they ship to
the UK, But they wouldn't sell me one.  I was told they were commissioned by
the UK company and I would have to buy it from them and have it shipped back
across the pond if I wanted one.  I haven't pursued it scents.   But imagine
false journals and no large chunky counter weights.

        On the TR6 cranks they have done for me, I have them widen the
journals to except the MGB rod bearings. It comes to an extra .001+ of bearing
surface.  With Carrillo rods and an ATI dampener I can spin it to 7.2k easily,
but have the rev limiter set for the dyno'd power at 6.8K.
        Dave