fot

Re: 1500 spitfire intake manifold

To: "matt matthews" <mattspit@worldnet.att.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 spitfire intake manifold
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 09:57:01 +1200
The single SU manifold that fits a 1300/1500 Spitfire comes from Toledos and
Dolomite 1300s. All of them have narrow holes (quite possibly 1 inch) as an
economy measure - the narrower the hole the higher the air velocity, giving
good air/fuel mix even at low speed. In use they are certainly more
economical than the single Stromberg manifold fitted to Herald 13/60 and
don't appear to be strangled at high revs for road use.
John Kipping