fot

RE: Rev limiter revisited-Pertronix

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com
Subject: RE: Rev limiter revisited-Pertronix
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 22:44:16 -0700
> The Pertronix part that I had mounted completely in the
> distributor.

Right.  That's the piece that I'm talking about, with a power transistor
inside it, mounted to the engine (via the distributor).  Lots of people seem
to like them, so no doubt they're nowhere near as bad as I think.

I wonder, for those who have compared points to MSD on the dyno ... did you
try making any pulls with less than optimum mixture ?  I've always thought
that if there was any power advantage to the MSD, it would be during times
of poor mixture, like hard turns.

Randall