fot

Re: Condition of Florida FOT members

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Condition of Florida FOT members
From: Mike Jackson <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:35:08 -0400
No bullet dodging here!  Second storm in 3 weeks that went ashore at roughly
Glen Efinger's place.  Amazingly, his apartment is still with power, phone
and no significant damage.  This recent storm did roof damage to his shop
according to a phone call I had with him recently.  The building housing his
shop is owned by a well respected Porsche prep guy.  He called on a 356
racer friend that is in the building business to help with the roof.  What
could be better?  Having a 356 wrench/pilot up on your roof working with tar
and roofing materials to save your Brit cars!  Glen says there is some loss
of inventory and his assembly room is more than a little soggy.

My house is undamaged but we have a huge number of trees down.  Driveway was
blocked for some time by them.  Power company estimates that our power may
be restored by Oct 8!  Last storm we were out for 10 days, this forecast is
for 13 days.  Race cars are all ok but its a good thing I moved my truck to
be in front of the race shop that is detached from the garage.  A tree that
is roughly 18 inch diameter just above the ground came down and would have
been across the hood/cab.  Hopefully my TR3 will run again someday, the
gearbox is at Glen's and has been since it failed at a race in July.

It's nice of the TRiumph community to ask about us all.  Anyone want some
mosquitoes?

Mike Jackson