fot

RE: Re roll bars and cages

To: Editorgary@aol.com, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Re roll bars and cages
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 15:09:32 -0700
Amen. The vintage org concern about stiffening the chassis seems a little
odd to begin with. To really stiffen the chassis you add weight, which is
it's own penalty. And any stiffening should make the car safer in many ways.

I have Peyote stripped to the bare frame right now to do a little basic
restoration--it was getting tawdry. I mentioned this in an email recently,
but never saw it come through. If anyone wants to see a picture of a REALLY
stiffened frame, let me know and I'll send you one off list.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins