fot

Re: Remembrance Day and Triumph Related, too!.

To: <JFrymark@aol.com>, <Herald948@aol.com>, <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Remembrance Day and Triumph Related, too!.
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:10:32 -0800
I was inducted just after the bombing in Japan was ended and was pretty
happy that I would not be part of a landing force on those islands.  A lot
of people came home that would never have seen the light of another day  if
the bombs had not been dropped.  My very good friend was blinded by a sniper
in Japan two days after the first occupation there and there would have been
hundred of thousands more had it not happened the way it did.  The USA did
not start that war.

It is so easy to feel regret and sympathy for other people and countries
when you are safe, home in your snug house, with only the neighbors barking
dog to worry you.  Until you've been there, as the guys are right now in
Iraq, you have NO IDEA what it is like.  See the movie "Saving Private Ryan"
tonight on ABC I believe with no commercials, it does have an impact. Sermon
over.