fot

Virus Alert redux

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net, vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Virus Alert redux
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:35:36 -0600
OK, I'm not sure that the message is really THAT important to fill your
inbox with blank messages.  I've stripped all formatting, website URL's etc
out so that hopefully you'll get some content this time.  I figured there
were enough e-bay'ers using Paypal out there that this may hit home.

- Tony Drews

Forwarded message below:
New Worm That Looks Like Phishing Message

The Windows IT Pro Security Alert list reported last week that there is a
new worm making the rounds that appears to be a "phishing" message. The
message says:

"Congratulations! PayPal has successfully charged $175 to your credit card.
Your order tracking number is A866DEC0, and your item will be shipped
within three business days.

To see details please click this link

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE VIA EMAIL! This email is being sent by an
automated message system and the reply will not be received.

Thank you for using PayPal."

Clicking the link downloads the worm, which may be a variant of either
MyDoom or Bofra. Be sure to update the virus definitions for your
anti-virus program NOW.